Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Love Affair

There have been a few things in my life as of late that I have fallen in love with.

#1: Donation #3

I've been growing sick of my hair and have been needing a change for quite awhile but I finally got around to doing it. I found out that my cousin Jill (or phil's cousin) was cutting my sister-in-law's hair and decided I'd seize the moment and get in on the action. We cut off about 13 inches as you can see by the picture and I plan on donating it to locks of love (thus the title as this will be my 3rd time doing it). Jill thinned my hair and put in some layers. I am slowly learning how to do it myself but am loving how light it is. My neck feels as if a huge burden has been lifted! Hopefully I'll get around to doing it more often now!
Modeling my amazing new hair cut!













#2: Rollin', Rollin', Rollin!

Yea for strollers! I was getting so sick of not having a stroller. Every time I wanted to go for a walk with Phil, we'd have to carry James which didn't make the walk as much fun. Phil found out about some guys who played basketball in the morning and so if I didn't get one soon, I wouldn't be able to go running. I finally stopped looking for deals and got this one. It is a Phil and Ted's sport stroller (thanks for the

suggestion Janette!). It was a pretty good deal and it wasn't my first choice as for design but I quickly fell in LOVE with it. Phil says that he likes this design better than the one I had wanted (but maybe he was just trying to ease my mind...what a wonderful husband!). I'm able to use it for every day use (I go on walks with James in the evening since the weather is getting to be so nice), I use it for jogging, and I've even got the second seat as you can see in the picture so when we have kid #2, we are already set. It moves so easily and can turn some sharp corners! James loves it. He usually falls asleep within 15 minutes of my runs. The bassinet portion kind of rocks him to sleep. He wakes up as soon as we get home so it is kind of a motivation to stay out longer...well, I'd like to think so!

#3: Who couldn't love this guy?!
Yes, this face blesses my life everyday. Amanda, my sister-in-law, took some pictures of us on James' blessing day. As you can tell, James really enjoyed it! James is talking more. He does it mostly when he is getting tired. When you talk back to him, he'll talk more. SO...I tried to upload a clip of him talking but I haven't been successful. I'll try again later.

7 comments:

  1. what a super model pose you got there! That is a sweet stroller!! I wish we could go running together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful! Beautiful hair, stroller and baby! I'm glad you are liking your stroller...I've certainly LOVED and USED mine a TON! Well worth the investment because you won't have to spend the $$$ again when #2 comes...so it actually saves you money. Plus, you got a smokin' deal on it! McRae still loves it too...doesn't make a peep and frequently falls asleep.

    I love the hair...layers take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair, love the stroller! I'm so jealous you got a nice stroller for kid #1. I regret that a little bit. So glad you updated and we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Phil's words "sexy mama" :) I'm liking the new do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that this is donation #3 for Locks of Love! I don't have the patience to grow my hair long enough to do it, so GO YOU!

    I'm coveting that stroller of yours! I've heard LOTS of good things about Phil & Teds strollers and I LOVE the tandem seat you can insert for another kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet hairdo! Sheesh that is a lot of hair. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome doo Christina!!! That Phil & Teds is a wonderful stroller. Glad you got a good price! We miss you and James, well, he's just ADORABLE!! So fun!! xoxx

    ReplyDelete