Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Accomplishments


The last weekend of January I accomplished something I never thought I would ever do...I ran my first half marathon. I actually used to never have any desire to reach this goal but here I am.

Phil's sister, Janette, wrote and said there was a 1/2 marathon going on in Queen Creek. I have been training for the Ragnar Relay and so this race sort of fit into my training schedule.

As for a report on the race:
It was a lot harder than I was expecting. However, I didn't die...which is good. I felt pretty good throughout the whole race but the last couple of miles I was starting to get really tired. It didn't help that I didn't know the route. We would make a turn and I'd think "What!? This is taking me further away from my final destination! I want to go the other way! When is it going to end?" Janette asked me towards the end if I wanted to stop for water. I decided I just wanted to finish and be done. We were able to kick up our pace towards the end and then sprint to the finish line. My calves cramped up right after the race and my quads were a little sore for a few days after but not too bad. I now get to focus on my next race which I think will be easier but harder at the same time. Ragnar, here I come!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I get to do the ragnar race with you! Way to go! I will email our run summary to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously impressed, Christina! Long distance runners are my HEROS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were tired, nobody would've guessed it...especially when you ran the last mile and a half at a sub 9 min/mile pace! You were a rockstar! It was fun to see you yesterday...thanks for watching our busy boy for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Christina! I can't wait to hear about Ragnar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Good for you, Christina! I don't desire to run any races, ever! :) I hope you don't mind that I found you through Megan & Matthias' blog. Yay for school, right? Britt has been accepted to UA's Phoenix campus for this coming year. We may have other options still, but Phoenix seems to be the place for us. Soooooo, I'm sure we'll be able to see you & your family sometime if we're up there so close. Looks like you are doing well -- that's good 'cause you deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that London's Run? I was there with my boys and we ran the 2 miler! Crazy! Good job running!

    ReplyDelete