Thursday, March 25, 2010

4 Years

On March 11, Phil and I celebrated 4 wonderful years of marriage! It is hard for us to think that we've been married already for 4 years. Yet, at the same time, it seems like, only 4 years?

I've truly enjoyed my life but I don't think I have ever been so happy as I have been these last few years. I didn't know that being married to my best friend could ever be so fun. I thought I'd write down a few things that I absolutely love about Phil.
1) He is so thoughtful. He is always asking before he leaves the house in the morning if there is anything he can do for me throughout the day. He helps me at home a lot. Last night I had to go to mutual and phil was supposed to put James to bed and then study. Instead, I came home to a clean kitchen (and a child that was soundly sleeping).
2) He makes me laugh...all the time. Most people don't know the "weird" side of phil which is truly unfortunate. It is so fun to have someone to laugh with...even when it is kind of weird!




(This is a video we took with our new camera a year ago. It gives you a little insight into the "secret/weird" Phil.)

3) He is smart. And not only that, he loves to learn. I love that he loves school!

4) He RARELY gets upset or offended. What a quality! I'm trying to be more and more like that but it is a work in progress which leads me to the next quality...

5) He is patient. He deals with my madness!...and clutteryness, and quirks, and when I'm frustrated, etc. When I do get upset, he knows how to deal with me and he patiently waits for me to calm down.

6) He loves to be a dad. It is so fun to watch him with James. When I'm getting frustrated in the evening when I'm trying to make dinner and James just needs my attention, Phil will get home, take James, and play, play, play until James is just laughing his heart out! He loves his little boy!

7) He loves me, appreciates me, and values my opinion. This really means a lot to me. It is truly wonderful to be loved.

Phil is a wonderful example to me and I appreciate him so much. I love him and look forward to many more wonderful years ahead!


To journal what we did for our anniversary:

Phil took off school on the 11th (due to my blunder in double planning the weekend). We drove down to Tucson on Wednesday night and stayed with Brian and Janette (thank you so much for the accomodations!). The next morning we drove to the Desert Museum and spent all morning and the early afternoon there. The weather was beautiful (even a little on the chilly side) and we had such a wonderful time. We went to the free flight demonstration and also to a lecture on desert animals which we really enjoyed. It was so nice to be together in the beautiful desert and to forget about our everyday responsibilities (besides being parents as James had come with us). We then drove home that afternoon, enjoying our time in the car and returned to our busy life here at home. And for some pictures:











6 comments:

  1. Wow! 4 years. You guys are AWESOME!! Glad you made the decision 4 years ago to get married. We love you.(even if you are a little weird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy do I know about that weirdness?!?! It's really what makes Phil, Phil...so it is kind of unfortunate that others don't know that about him. I love all of the things you mentioned about Phil, too. It's true...you got a great one but he couldn't have asked for any better himself! You two are the perfect match...in every way. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you shared this side of Phil with us. He is always so appropriate and normal around other people:) Congratulations on four years! What a beautiful couple and now a family you guys are! Come and visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 4 years! You guys are gorgeous and your little one is looking so cute. Well done :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love that guy! I am SO happy you found each other! Happy 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an exciting event! Congrats! And James looks so cute, he looks so much like Phil. So we are moving to Phoenix sometime around August through October, and we will be moving somewhere by the 101 and the I-17 or 51 (?). Where do you guys live?

    ReplyDelete