Thursday, October 28, 2010

Quick Update

Life is good. I can't believe it is going to be Halloween this weekend! How time flies.

James is getting bigger and continues to be so much fun. I don't know if I am just paying attention more but I've noticed him progressing quite a bit recently. He still doesn't say any "words" but our communication has improved a lot. I can tell him to go get a toy or a book and he knows exactly where to go in the house to get it. He understands so much more than he used to and it is fun to see that he gets it when I tell him things. He has just started to get into books (finally!). We got a book from the library about machines used for work and he loves it. He will bring it to me and Phil for us to read to him. He is especially obsessed with the garbage truck...not sure why. We also have a "my little word" book that has themed pages with pictures falling under those themes. He has discovered the pages that have pictures of things that go (car, plane, helicoptors, tractors, etc). It is so fun to see how much he likes that kind of stuff. It is amazing at how aware he is of his surroundings. Noises that I naturally block out he is quick to point out. Every time a plane flies overhead he points up and tries to find it in the sky.

Some funny happenings with James: The other night we sat down to call John and Becca (Phil's brother) and discovered their contact info had been erased. That is what we get for letting him play with our phone. That same night we were woken up in the middle of the night by our alarm clock (the one we never use because we use our phone alarm instead). Thank you James! It made us laugh.

I have been feeling great. I reached 20weeks yesterday. Half way there! I've been surprised at how tired I still am. I try to catch a nap during the day which helps me immensely! I have started to feel movement and have been surprised at how little I have felt compared with James. I have definitely started to show and have received comments from strangers about expecting (will post some pictures for you Eevi in the near future). My own clothes are starting to not work out so well and I'll have to resort to maternity clothes full time in the near future. I have had several ultrasounds (my doctor just does them at every appointment instead of using the doppler) and so far he confidently thinks it is a girl! We have one more ultrasound in a couple of weeks so we'll see if anything extra decides to appear before then!

The only true "issue" I've had is with a low platelet count. I've actually had low platelets every time my blood has been taken in the past (not being pregnant as well) but never worried much about it (at least not enough to go get it checked out). My doctor wants to make sure everything is okay so I get to go see a Hematologist this next week. It will be interesting to see what happens. Even if they find something wrong, I doubt they will do anything while I'm still pregnant. Yeah for getting to see more doctors...

Phil is great. Loves school but is ready for year 3 and 4 so he can start to be a "doctor" instead of just a "student". He is pretty amazing at how he balances everything out, especially me. He has been training for a marathon and has been doing great. He has been surprised at how much he has enjoyed it. He gets to run 20 miles this next Saturday (I think). I'm not sure when he plans to run this marathon, as he is mapping out his own course and is just running it. I will be the fan club/water girl/finish line party/etc. I'm really proud of him and his determination to do it. When I go running for my few miles, I'm grateful that I don't have to run as far has he does.

So life goes on! Until next post...

5 comments:

  1. You need to let the family know when he's running his marathon to see if we can make it and be part of the cheering crowd!
    Pretty awesome that he's doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. way to go Phil! That's awesome. I just love reading your updates Christina. We sure miss you guys. I'm happy things are going well for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely want to be part of the cheering/water/finish line/co-runner crowd so keep us updated. Glad you are feeling well and get the chance to take a nap. Don't feel guilty for one bit about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on posting - it's great to learn what's happening in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want some more maternity clothes to wear, I have a whole bucket full here and one coming. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete