Thursday, August 26, 2010

Facebook

I had my first experience with facebook this past week. I've had mixed feelings about facebook for some time now. Part of me really wanted to sign up so I could see how high school and college friends that I haven't seen for a long time were doing. The other part of me was completely resisting. It would be a time waster and I'd want to spend too much time on it. I've gone back and forth for a few years and just never signed up thinking that it would be better for me.

Well, this past week, I went to visit a friend who decided I needed to be on there. I didn't really want to do it and so she took matters into her own hands. She signed me up with the info that she had and needed. I was flooded with emails the first 36 hours with mainly extended family who wanted to be "friends". It was kind of annoying but at the same time fun to see updates.

This morning I spent about 45 minutes looking up people from my history on facebook to see how they were doing and am pleased to say, I don't really like it. In fact, I don't have much of a desire to ever go back on. I don't want to say that those 45 precious minutes were wasted. I think it was good for me, and even a little refreshing, that facebook just isn't for me. There are people that enter and exit my life and it is just impossible to keep up with them all. And that is okay. That is just how life is. I have learned that I love blogging even more because it has more information about events instead of just a quick "what I did this minute".

I'm glad I got to have this opportunity. Thanks to my friend for signing me up, but no thanks at the same time. Now if I can just keep up my blog...

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...Facebook! I know you already know how I feel...glad you had your own experience and have decided for yourself. I personally just can't afford anything else that may take up more of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that you wouldn't get addicted. I mostly like it for family info...like when I don't have my cousin's email address and they're coming to town and I can message them. Hope you keep up with your blog more. Especially if I end up moving.

    ReplyDelete