Friday, August 27, 2010

UTAH TRIP

Day 1

In mid-July we left to go to Utah for vacation. Since James is not a great traveler we decided to take the trip in a few days. The first day we left mid-morning and stopped at Montezuma's castle. It has been years since I have been there and I don't think Phil had ever been so we made a trip there. We lucked out and didn't have to pay to get in since the rangers were at a lecture which was perfect since we were only there 30minutes. It is pretty amazing what the Native Americans did!
Our little family

Steve, Phil, and James

In Cameron by the Little Colorado River

Day 2

We spent the night at my cousin, Rachelle's home, in Panguitch which really helped break up the trip. the next day, Phil, James, and I went to Bryce Canyon and went for a 6.5 mile hike. We started at Sunset Point, had planned on hiking down the Wallstreet trail but it was closed due to falling rocks so went down the Navajo Trail, did the Peekaboo Loop, and then hiked to the Queen's garden to exit to Sunrise Point. We then walked the half mile back to Sunset Point where our car was. It was awesome. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. It was a little warmer than I had expected but we had some good cloud cover off and on through the hike which was so nice. James did amazing. He just hung out in his hiking backpack, took a little snooze half way through, and hung out some more. What a trooper!

(The pictures are backwards...first is the end, end is the beginning)


And still happy at the end. (Probably just so glad to not be stuck in a car!)

The After Picture. We made it!












The Before Picture


After our hike we drove to Lehi where my brother, Ray, lives. We got to go to Noah's last Coach pitch baseball game which was fun and then we stayed the night at their house.


The rest of the trip:

Wilson Whoopee Reunion 2010

At the Wilson reunion we got to do some Minute to Win it games. They were probably more fun to watch than actually do! Later, we went up to Peteetneet School (where my mom went to elementary school) and got to play on a giant slip-n-slide. It was so fun. I wish I would have gotten more pictures!










Pierce, Ray, Phil, and James

My mom's siblings from back to front (John, Janette, Judy, Mom, Charlie)

James finally crashed and thanks to Dad for holding him! He was so tired!

HIKING THE GORGE

We went for a little hike with my Aunt Judy, Uncle Dave, Aunt Janette, and my mom. It was to a little waterfall called the Gorge (is that right, Judy?). It was a fun little hike!



Judy, mom, Janette


Janette, Mom, Dave, Judy, Phil, James, Me

Other pics:
Pictures with Grandpa Wilson. I was so glad Grandpa let me take these!




Eating rootbeer floats with Aunt Janette. She became his best friend!

3 comments:

  1. You all look so great. What a good way to spend the drive, seeing interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun trip! I'm so glad you could come to the Wilson Whoopee! You really need the photo I have of Phil in mid-air going down the slip and slide. Just go in my blog, copy and paste it into yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryce Canyon was one of our favorite trips. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete